Monday, October 10, 2005

...mine is on the 45

listening: party shuffle!
feeling: fiiiine

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

If you can tell me where the title of this post comes from I'll think your are awesome and I'll send you something pretty in the mail. Yes, yes I will.

So I managed to go almost all weekend without buying anything, but then last night, oh last night... I bought more (yes more) jewelry supplies, but it's not so bad, that should provide for almost all of my upcoming gift giving needs. I also lost an auction on the most delightful pair of amber earrings, weren't they cute? But it's all good, more money in my pocket this way.


People can say anything they want about Urban Outfitters, good or bad, but if there's something everybody should agree is that they are "in the know", be it apparel or decor they are always a safe bet when it comes to style that's a bit more on the affordable side. That said, here are my urbn outfitters picks (some I own, some I only wish for):


  • The Anodized Tumbler, my grandma' has a whole set of this type of thing, including the pitcher! They last for-e-ver, and if you hate plastic and have or have had roommates you know why this is such a great find (I still sob when I think of my borken pretty blue glasses).
  • The Blossom Light String, x-mas lights + fake flowers! Need I say more?
  • The Sari Cube, I've become a sucker for anything heavily embroidered, this cube is specially super-awesome because despite having lots of different textures the light pinks make it less visually heavy.
  • The Patchwork Plaid Shower Curtain, I don't think I would ever buy this, I am all about white in the bathroom, but it reminds me of a Marc Jacobs skirt I really like.
  • The Branch Roman Blind, this are nothing particularly clever, I just like the idea of roman blinds made out of fabric with a pattern.
  • The Dark Multistripe Bedroll and other bedrolls, they remind me of some sofas they had at Roche Bobois like 2 years ago, they would make a nice cushion for a bench, or maybe a couple of this on a base as couch?
I also love their Found Furniture section, where I found the green couch up there appropriately called the Heavenly Pinstripe Loveseat, that would make my bedroom look so classy, and now that I think of it I am not sure I want that; but I am sure I also don't want some fugly 80's couch with sliding cushions, and that my friends is the kind of couch I inherited along with my bedroom form a former roommate.

My couch is so ugly I am ashamed of posting a picture of it. Something needs to be done about it, I am considering a slip cover, but I am so indecisive I don't think I could ever choose a fabric for it. Something less dramatic than a slip cover would be to get/make a bunch of pretty pretty cushions to kind of distract attention from the couch itself.

And I was thinking precisely this when it struck me: wouldn't it be neat to have a cushion exchange? I means non-stuffed cushions should be pretty cheap to mail, and that way I wouldn't end up with a cool assortment of cushions, without having to master 1001 cushion making techniques. Is anybody up for this? It would be a lot of fun.

Here's are some pretty cushions for inspiration, also from urbn while we are at it:

The ones on the second line are de mixed media pillows and they remind me of Bittersweet Genevieve's bags.

And that's it for today, I prooooomise next post will be crafty instead of shoppy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous MissRoo said...

"Brimful of Asha" by Cornershop? ('mine is on the 45')

I'm not sure what it means, but I love that song.

Happy Thanksgiving!

10/10/05 6:57 PM  
Anonymous melanie said...

I would be up for the cushion swap in the summer, but right now I am too busy. Also, I'm kind of picky person so maybe if you did do a cushion swap people could specify colours.

11/10/05 3:44 PM  
Blogger Megara said...

Muchas gracias por el tip de los blogs en franc├ęs. :)

15/10/05 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home